With tryouts starting just one day away, there are some things you can do to ensure you have a good tryout. Here is a quick checklist to help you on your journey.
- Signup ahead of time - It's important that you sign up for tryouts ahead of time to ensure that the club has all your necessary information. If you have not signed up yet you can sign up on the Butler Fury Tryout Registration page.
- Arrive Early - Arrive at least 15 minutes early to ensure that you have all necessary paperwork done, and you can get your t-shirt and number assigned.
- Pack Approriately - It's going to be hot so make sure you bring lots of water. Also make sure to wear shin guards, soccer socks, cleats, and bring a ball. All these are very important to ensure you are ready to go.
- Hydrate - It's important to make sure you are drinking water the night before and all day to ensure you are fully hydrated for the tryouts.
- Eat Smart - Make healthy choices the night before, and the day of. I like to recommend eating a good healthy meal with some carbohydrates and protein a couple of hours before tryouts start, then having a healthy snack for some additional energy about a 1/2 hour before tryouts.
- Be ready to work hard and have fun - Come to tryouts with a smile on your face, and be ready to work hard. Have fun while you are there and make new friends. After all, it is soccer, and it is supposed to be fun.
With any luck, you will be a part of the Butler Fury family for years to come.