Registering for Butler Fury Tryouts for 2018-2019
This year Butler Fury is using a new system for player registration called ‘Blue Star’. Blue Star has partnered with US Soccer to create the program called ‘US Soccer Connect’. The goal of US Soccer Connect is to have a more consistent registration process for players at the competitive level across the country. Players and families roll up into teams, which roll into clubs, which roll into leagues, which roll to the state affiliation and then to US Soccer.
Question: How does this impact me?
Answer: The new registration system is very complete and takes a lot of the physical paperwork out of the picture. That said, due to the age of the new system, the registration process, even at the tryout level, can be a bit onerous requiring you to read and agree to multiple documents and policies, like concussion protocol and Lindsay’s Law.
How to Register
To get registered, you will need to create an account with Blue Star. Blue Star is where you will manage all your player and payment options. This is a completely separate website from the Butler Fury website, so once you click on the link, you will be taken to a new site to begin.
To get started:
1. Click on the button below. This will open a new window for you to register. Leave this window open and use it as a reference while signing up.
2. You will be taken to the Blue Star login page. If you have not already created an account, click “New Here? Create an Account”. If you already have an account, log in using the email address and password you provided.
3. If you are creating a new account you will be taken to the “Create a new Blue Start Sports Account Page”. Fill in the information required and click “Create my Blue Star Sports Account”.
4. Now fill in the required information including address, and phone and click “Sign In”. (You will need this information later, so you might as well do it now).
5. Next you will now be taken to the Parent/Guardian information Page. Fill in as much information as you can. Make sure you fill in all information in the fields marked ‘Required’. At the bottom is a place to fill in a information for a second parent or Guardian. This information is optional but fill in as much as you have time to as it will save you time later. When you are done, click “Continue to Register Player” at the bottom of the page.
6. At the next screen you will be asked to choose which age and gender category you are trying out for. Pick the appropriate category based off gender and birth year and click “Continue to Player Information”.
7. The next screen is the “Player Information” screen. If you notice, it has already filled in the address. If the address of the player is different, please change it. Gender and Birthday are required to verify player eligibility, so please make sure you fill those out. Also an emergency contact is required.
8. At the bottom of this page are the various forms that the state requires you or the player either sign or digitally sign. These forms are the Medical Release, Waiver of Liability, Concussion Protocol, Lindsay’s Law, and the Photo Release forms. Review the information and digitially sign and date your name or have your player do theirs where needed. Click “Continue to Documents” when complete. *Note, the photo release form is not mandatory.
9. On the “Documents” page, you will be asked to upload the player picture and birth certificate. This is optional for tryouts. If your player is accepted to a team, you will be able to come back later and upload these documents. Click “Continue to Waivers” at the bottom.
10. We are on the home stretch. You will be asked to read and agree that you have read the waivers and this information will be distributed to the state organization when finalized. There are four waivers: Media Release (Ohio South’s), Medical Release, Liability Waiver, and Linday’s Law. When you have accepted both, click “Continue to Register Players” or “Next Waiver” and you will be in the home stretch.
10. Finally, you are in the home stretch. Your registration is not complete at this point. You must still continue the registration and finalize. At this this screen, you will have three choices: finish or “Continue Registration” for the player you just entered, “Register the player for another category”, or “Add another player for registration.” If you select the last two options and click “Add Registration for Selected Player” you will be taken back to the player information screen where you will repeat the process. For this exercise, we are going to finalize registration. So select “Continue Registration” from the ‘Pending Registrations’ box.
11. The next page is the review page. You should see a $0.00 balance for registration. Click “Continue to Payment Method”.
12. At the ‘Payment Method’ screen, click “Confirm Registration” to complete your registration.
13. At the last page, you will be shown a copy of your receipt. And that’s it, you are done…..well almost.
At this point your player is in our system. You should have also received an email stating registration was successful. In this email, there is a form attached which confirms your player’s registration. Please print or save this form and bring it with you in case verification of registration is needed.
Returning to view player status
At any time you can return to your Blue Star account to review player status and add information to your players account.
Question: What type of information would I add to the account?
Answer: Once your player is accepted to a team, we will need a picture of the player and a copy of the birth certificate to validate player age.
How do I log onto my Blue Star account to verify information
It is pretty easy to log on and it all starts with butlerfury.com
1. Go to http://butlerfury.com in your browser and click on the menu buttom at the top that says “Manage Account”.
2. You will be taken to the Blue Star login. Enter your login information and login.
3. You will be taken to your Blue Star member account. Here you can change player and parent information, and upload a copy of the player photo or birth certificate.
This is also where you will be able to accept a position when a player is added to a team, and manage payments for team fees once those have been determined.
And in closing…..
Registration may have seemed difficult, but it actually wasn’t that bad. The thing to remember if you have issues, do the following:
1. Reread this document and see if it helps
2. If step one doesn’t help, send an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you within 24-48 hours.
If you need to contact the registrar, we will be able to setup a remote support session and see if we can assist you in the evening.